CPG industry renovating itself by focusing on better understanding of consumers, reducing costs , increasing service levels with supply chain optimization, enhancing shelf space innovation, Consumer personalization & Targeted Marketing using social media insights, to cope challenges around Declining Brand Loyalty, retail sector disruption with ecommerce, consumers continued shift towards food that is perceived as fresher and healthier, gain share with easier access to digital channels and disruptive technologies such as virtual & augmented reality, mobility. Vision of being a leader in this space would require
- Building a world class Data Driven enterprise that fabricates various data assets in a fashion that differentiates itself from its competitors.
- Deliver forward-looking insights that can be used to make well informed operational, managerial and strategic decisions.
- Improve logistics efficiency by correlating machine / sensor via IoT devices generated data with external data such as weather, traffic and supply chain data.
- Prepare the way for insights and decisions in technical and scientific thinking and build the partnership will perform intellectual operations much more effectively
- An strategic implementation that would involve a comprehensive solution leveraging a combination of integrated planning tool, big data, EDW, analytics, virtualization, digital apps
Successfully helped CPG companies implement predictive analytics solutions around accurately predicting competitor Brand pricing by leveraging industry best practices of data science/ machine learning with data sets around point of sale information, external factors, forecasted commodity prices with seasonality based relationship.
Delivered Single view of supply chain across S&OP, Transportation, Warehousing, manufacturing to address the needs of a timely and meaningful By analyzing various datasets for inbound, internal and outbound data, the team segregated the factors influencing OTIF measurement to supplier attributes, internal, and delivery attributes. assignable causes for logistics performance measurement of On Time In Full Metrics. Moreover, multi-source data integration facilitated end to end visibility on supply journey of each product right from manufacturing to order delivery
Helped Research & Development groups with Consumer and Supplier Risk Analysis by building a unified data mart layer that consumes data from external (weather integration) and internal sources such as supplier ingredients, margin management, supply chain finance that is cross functional in nature which would drive spend optimization through supplier rationalization and better contract terms based on analysis of purchase patterns and supplier profiles to manage risk and drive profitability. Drove the need and establishment of extensible search and data visualization tool for uncovering market insights via R&D Workbench for product innovation, market research.
Developed an platform that’s helps to calculate Cost to Serve accurately for understanding the profitability of the across different customers, products, service levels, and distribution channels each contribute different margins, you must identify the unprofitable and low-margin product and customer combinations The model built took into consideration aggregate levels of spending in each supply chain function accumulating and properly allocating fixed and variable costs and trade spend activities